Can EdTech Experiential Learning Nurture Confidence?
EdTech has made students less hesitant to ask questions, overcome the fear of peer judgement and encouraged students to branch out into new subjects. With these advantages is EdTech helping build confidence in students more successfully than traditional education?
The evolution of the education industry has become quite a prerequisite to lead the present generation, especially amidst the ongoing pandemic. It has been quite a journey from resistance towards adopting technological advancements in the classroom to moving towards digital transformation and integration of EdTech platforms. Even so, it was a judicious choice as it allowed the education industry to take a breather when the students were confined to their homes to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Sunrise Moment for the Education Sector
From allowing children to channelize their potential into developing a skill, enabling students to promote to higher classes and preparing for the next leg before they start their career, EdTech has played a monstrous role in engaging, educating the students and uplifting the state of education in the country, while boosting their confidence.
How EdTech Helped?
With EdTech integration came several benefits which were overlooked until a year ago. Here’s how EdTech helped:
- An added advantage of Experiential Learning: EdTech adds the immersive experience touch that engages students in activities related to the subjects they are studying. This boosts their knowledge retention rate as they are actively taking part in understanding and processing the information. Moreover, it adds the element of fun which is missing from a classroom-learning, as the teacher only uses a blackboard to explain the topics.
- Access from Anywhere, Anytime: Digital access has enabled students to learn from any remote location, which has further allowed them to log in any time of the day unless it is a live lecture.
- Safe and Secure: Students have the privilege to fire up their digital devices, whether laptop, iPad or mobile phone, from their homes or any other place where they feel comfortable and safe.
- Integration with the Digital Ecosystem: We are evolving to become a more advanced community that is highly dependent on technologies. Thus, while learning through online digital methods, students are adapting to the digital ecosystem without additional effort, which eventually will become a way of life.
- Opens the world of resources: Learning through an EdTech platform has given access to the world of resources beyond the textbook notes in terms of video lectures and more.
Role of Experiential Learning in Boosting Confidence
EdTech experiential learning has had a ripple effect on the confidence of the students. While learning using education technologies, the students were less hesitant to ask more questions, had more queries related to the subjects with access to loads of study material and were actively able to engage in activities related to the class as they got a better understanding of the subject matter.
What was noticed was that the students had overcome the fear of being judged by their peers in class which is found to be the most common reason behind a demotivated, underconfident student.
Hence, getting the opportunity to indulge in experiential learning offered by EdTech platforms has not only motivated the students or given them the confidence to speak for themselves but has also encouraged them to pursue different subjects to expand their knowledge base. Besides, adopting technology has allowed the students to become future-ready which will only make them more confident in the times to come.
The Bottom Line
Several studies have found that traditional academic methods have as low as 2-3 per cent retention rate at the end of 30 days, whereas studies have proved that the retention rate is much higher when the students learn the same material with experiential learning methods. It is believed that EdTech is the future of learning as it engages students in experiential activities such as gamification, peer-to-peer association, learning at your own pace and more, making learning fun and more immersive.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house
Around The World