Contributions Of Dr Emandi Sankara Rao As Chairman Of Board Of Governors, MDI
Dr Rao is an Academician, Skill Developer and Start-up Enabler, Social Reformer and a Farmer.
Dr Emandi Sankara Rao Emandi is a businessperson who has been at the helm of 8 different companies and holds the position of Chief Executive Officer & Director at IIFCL Asset Management Co. Ltd., Chairman of IFCI Factors Ltd., Chairman at Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd., Chairman for Institute of Leadership Development and Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director at IFCI Ltd. Dr Emandi is also Chairman of the Management Development Institute and Chairman for Management Development Institute (West Bengal).
He previously occupied the position of Chief Executive Officer & Director at IIFCL Projects Ltd., Deputy General Manager of IDBI Ltd. and Co-Chief General Manager at India Infrastructure Finance Co. Ltd.
Serving as the Chairman of BOG, MDI, he made some remarkable contributions. A few initiatives taken at Management Development Institute (MDI Gurgaon & Mushidabad) and Institute of Leadership Development (ILD Jaipur) are noted below:
Infrastructure Provisioning :
- Provided Bloomberg Digital Fianace Labs at MDI G and M
- Created new additional hostel facilities at MDI G and M
- Added additional 60 PGPM seats each at MDI G and M with AICTE approval
- Provided Digital Fibre Networks and Digital Class rooms MDI G and M
- Provided Faculty Lounge at MDI G
- Approved a 1000 seater auditorium MDI G
- Enhanced the Perks and Allowances to Faculty & Staff at MDI G and M
- MDI G&M Faculty incentivised monetarily to do quality research publications
- Installed and Commissioned 35KW Solar Power Plant at ILD
- Installed and Commissioned 1000 Litre Sky Water Plan at ILD for Dining Hall
- Created an Integrated Solar Training & Development Lab for Skill Development at ILD
- Created a Centre For Excellence for Apparel & Textile Industry at ILD
Academics (Seminars, Workshops and Lectures at MDI & ILD) :
- Lecture session to Faculty,FPM & PGPM students on “Infrastructure & Industry- Economic Growth” Jan 2018
- Lecture session to 2nd PGPM and Faculty on “Strategy, Startups and Artificial Intelligence in Business Modelling” Jan 2019
- Session on “Financial Institutions in Fiscal Federalism and Good Governance” in the Training of Trainers Programme for Faculty Members of Nepal Administrative Staff College, Govt of Nepal March 2019
- Keynote Inaugural address session of Conference on “Enterprise Architecture in the Digital Era: Trends, Opportunities and Challenges”, 24th May 2019.
- Session on the topic “Integrated Infrastructure Development for Convergent Telecom Sector in India” in the cconference on Enterprise Architecture in the Digital Era was also a part of Enterprise Architecture in the Digital Era book by Macmillan Publishers, New Delhi.
- Session on 24th Advanced Management Programme “Strategic Leadership For Organizational Transformation in Digital Age” Sep 15th 2019
- In Association with CVC the Inaugural Session on Anti-Corruption Workshop-An International Perspective on Punitive, Preventive and Participative Vigilance Nov 2019
- Session in International One MBA Programmee – “The Impact of Digitalization on Business Models in India” Oct-Nov 2019
- Keynote address on Cyber Security- Defend the Flag (DTF) a Cyber Security Event under the GoI,National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC) 24Jan 2020
- Key Note address in the inaugural session of “National Cyber Security Scholar Program”
On-line Eight Week Programme on 16th August 2020
- Skill development Keynote of Solar Workshop for Training of Trainers & Students
Besides being a Banking & Finance Specialist, Dr.Rao is also an Academician, Skill Developer and Start-up Enabler, Social Reformer and a Farmer.
Around The World