Advertisement

Counseling Pattern Cutoff Will Change If NMC Bill Is Applied

There's a 70 per cent chance of implementing the NMC bill in all colleges and 30 per cent is still dicey due to blurred conditions

Photo Credit : Courtesy - flicker,

The National Medical Commission (NMC) has requested all medical colleges to submit the admission details of the students of 2021-2022 by August 5, 2022. The NMC also instructed the colleges, universities to admit to MBBS courses as per NMC regulations and the Medical Council of India. The NMC bill was passed on August 1, 2019 in Rajya Sabha and later by Lok Sabha.

The bill was introduced to bring out radical reforms in the country's healthcare sector. The bill was aimed to reduce corruption in medical education and provide solutions to the problems that arise between proper functioning of Medical colleges. It also aimed at rebuilding the national  medical regulatory body by clearly defining jurisdiction and responsibilities. 

The Bill was to be implemented in 2021 but that didn't happen due to the pandemic. The bill  needs to be implemented in 2022 under any conditions. On February 3, 2022, a notification came on behalf of the government to all medical colleges or institutions that NMC will be applicable for all medical institutions. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has tweeted that NMC will fully be implemented for all medical institutions from 2022. The Government has sent notices to all State Universities, State Concerned Colleges and Deemed Universities regarding implementation of NMC bill. The whole process is ongoing. There's a 70 per cent chance of implementing the NMC bill in all colleges and 30 per cent is still dicey due to blurred conditions.

Recently all the medical colleges in Tamil Nadu have filed a case against implementation of NMC in Madras High Court. They filed a petition for the nonexecution of NMC in 2022. The Madras High Court has set the next hearing on August 16 regarding the plea.

Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house



Around The World

Our Publications

Advertisement