IIT Mandi Invites Applications For National Workshop On Aerospace
The workshop will help participants to understand and implement state-of-the-art concepts of design, manufacturing and conditioning monitoring pertaining to advanced composite for aerospace application.
IIT Mandi is calling for applications for the National Workshop on ‘Advanced Composites for Aerospace: Design, Manufacturing and Condition Monitoring Perspective’.
The workshop will be held from 11th to 15th February 2020. Interested participants can apply through the workshop website on or before 30th November 2019.
Designed especially for engineers and researchers, the objective of this workshop is to introduce state-of-the-art concepts of design, manufacturing and conditioning monitoring pertaining to advanced composite for aerospace application.
The Institute is expecting to host eminent scientists from Aeronautics Research & Development Board (the aerospace research wing of DRDO) who will provide the exposure to cutting edge research perspectives on composites in the aerospace industry.
The subject experts delivering lectures in this workshop include:
- S.C. Jain, Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi
- Dr. Himanshu Pathak, Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi
- Dr. Subhamoy Sen, Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi
- Dr. Sunny Zafar, Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi
- Dr. Rajeev Kumar, Associate Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi
- Dr. Viswanath Balakrishnan, Associate Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi
- Dr. Vishal Singh Chauhan, Associate Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi
- Dr. Makarand Joshi, AR&DB, DRDO
- Dr. S.K. Pandey, AR&DB, DRDO
Speaking about the importance of this workshop, Dr. Subhamoy Sen, Workshop Coordinator and Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi, said, "To materialize the aspiration of making India a global manufacturing hub, the in-house development of state-of-the-art design and manufacturing concepts for all spheres of industry is being encouraged. The civil, defence and commercial aerospace industries are also pushing their limits to compete with the world leaders in this domain."
"Over the last decade, composite materials have found large scale applications in aerospace industries. With the advent of cheap sensor technologies and powerful computational facilities, condition monitoring has come up as another avenue to ensure safety and serviceability of composite materials in use in the aircrafts," he added.
The one week workshop has been designed to introduce theoretical and practical aspects of composite material research to engineers and researchers to make them equipped to solve problems. This workshop will be particularly beneficial for engineering students, engineers and scientists working in various institutions.
The workshop is open to faculty members, students from Engineering Institutes, Colleges, Polytechnics and Practicing Engineers and Researchers from Industries and R&D Institutions.
The workshop will also provide a thorough idea of Micro-Macro mechanics-based analysis of composite using ANSYS and DIGIMAT software; hands-on experience of Condition Monitoring of composites and Manufacturing techniques for a wide range of composite materials.
At the end of this workshop, the participants will be in a position to identify and select appropriate manufacturing technique for the composite materials, implement design and conditioning monitoring criterion to ensure efficient mechanical performance.
The primary objective of this workshop includes:
- Introduction to Composite Materials: Basics and Fundamentals
- Manufacturing techniques for Polymer Matrix Composites, Metal Matrix Composites and Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Mechanics of Composite Materials
- Introduction to Finite Element Method for the design analysis of Composite materials
- Micro-macro mechanics-based analysis using ANSYS and DIGIMAT software
- Condition monitoring of composites and application of machine learning
- Hands-on experience with composite condition monitoring
- Exposure to cutting edge research on composites in aerospace industries (will be presented by Scientists from Aeronautics Research & Development Board, DRDO)
Intimation of selection will be communicated to the participants by 5th January 2020.
Around The World