LIC HFL Introduces Vidyadhan Scholarship For Underprivileged, Details Here
The scholarship is meant to support the education of students coming from lower-income groups and studying at different educational levels starting from class 8 to postgraduation.
Education plays a crucial role in ensuring the personal, social and economic development of individuals. However, due to lack of sufficient funds, many deserving underprivileged students have to drop out of their formal education. To address this cause of student drop-out at school and college level, LIC Housing Finance Limited (LIC HFL) has introduced the LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship. The scholarship is meant to support the education of students coming from lower-income groups and studying at different educational levels starting from class 8 to postgraduation.
About the Programme
LIC Housing Finance Limited with the support of LIC India has initiated LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship for underprivileged students to contribute to their education from class 8 to postgraduation level. The selected students under this scholarship will receive variable financial assistance ranging from INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 based on their current educational level.
The scholarship is given under four different categories, namely:
- Scholarship for Class 8 to 10 students
- Scholarship for Class 10 passed students
- Scholarship for students pursuing graduation
- Scholarship for students pursuing post-graduation
To be eligible for LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship, the students need to fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- The students enrolled in class 8 to 12, ITI, Diploma, Polytechnic, UG or PG programme at a recognised institution/college/university in India can apply.
- They must have secured at least 65% marks in their previous class.
- The annual income of the family should be less than INR 3 lakhs.
- The students coming from low-income groups or students in crisis (orphans, critically ill, differently-abled children, etc.) will be given preference.
- Students, who are in the final year of graduation/postgraduation programme are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Award and Selection Process
The students selected for this scholarship under different categories will receive benefits as follows –
- Scholarship for class 8 to 10 students – INR 10,000
- Scholarship for class 10 pass students – INR 15,000
- Scholarship for graduation – INR 20,000
- Scholarship for postgraduation – INR 30,000
The selections will be based on academic merit, financial need and crisis situation of the applicant. The process to be followed for selection involves:
- Initial screening of scholarship applications on the basis of academic merit and financial need
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates
- Face-to-face interview (if required) for final selection.
Eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship online by following the below-given steps –
Step 1: Visit the LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship page. For application link, click here.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of respective scholarship.
Step 3: The students will be redirected to the application page. Click on ‘Start Application’ (if already logged in) or click the ‘Register’ button to start the application.
Step 4: Complete the scholarship application and upload all relevant documents.
Step 5: Submit the completed application.
Key Documents Required
The students applying for the Scholarship need to provide the following documents in support of their applications:
- Photo identity proof (Passport/ Aadhaar Card / PAN Card)
- Income proof (Salary slips/ Form 16A/ income certificate from government authority, etc.)
- Admission proof (school/college/university ID card/bonafide certificate, etc.)
- Current academic year fee receipt
- Bank account details of the applicant (cancelled cheque/passbook copy)
The applications for LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship are open now. The last date to submit the completed application is December 31, 2019.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house
Around The World