MIT World Peace University Invites Applications For B Des Program In MIT-WPU School Of Design
The University is currently accepting online applications for its B Des program.
MIT World Peace University (MIT-WPU) is inviting applications for its coveted Bachelor of Design (B Des) program for the academic session of 2021–2025. MIT-WPU SoD offers an industry-acclaimed, UGC approved, professional-level course where students are prepared for the booming design job market in India and globally.
The degree provides students with professional training that is crucial to equip them with the skillset and tools that enables them to design useful, insightful and industry-relevant Products, Visual Communication/Communication and User Experience based on User Behaviour, Consumer Behaviour and Market Demand. The following three specializations are offered in the four-year full-time B Des program:
1. Product Design
2. User Experience Design
3. Visual Communication Design
Further, the course enables students to design industry-relevant outcomes and be industry ready, while exposing them to global design opportunities opening doors to a booming global design sector that offers creative and rewarding careers.
The curriculum of the B Des program at MIT-WPU has been carefully curated keeping it industry-relevant for students so that they graduate with relevant knowledge and skillset. Thus, ensuring that they can seamlessly perform in the dynamic job market.
Some of the key topics of interest, which are a part of the curriculum, include:
- Art, Design and Technology history
- Ergonomics and Design Research
- Design Innovation Projects #Innovation #DesignThinking
- Design Prototyping involving #3DPrinting
- Materials Exploration for #ProductDesign
- Human Computer Interaction #HCI
- Psychology of User Experience, UX Tools #UserExperienceDesign
- Transportation Design
- Product Design and #IoT
- Design for #ImmersiveMedia
- 2D and 2D #Animation
International Recognition and Exposure
Students of the MIT-WPU School of Design have won international competitions and continue to gain amazing exposure on bigger platforms such as:
1. Facebook: Amongst 10,000+ registrants from all over India, 7 students of the MIT-WPU School of Design made it to the Top 25 list at the national competition held by the School of Innovation India, Facebook
2.MIT-Harvard: A student from the MIT-WPU School of Design was chosen out of several hundred applicants for The MIT-Harvard Design for Social Innovation in India workshop at WE School Mumbai.
Internships and Placements
All our B Des students have secured internships as part of their curriculum with the support of CIAP at MIT-WPU. MIT-WPU also provides top placement opportunities and services for students and has a dedicated centre for ‘Career Services’, providing support to students for placements, higher studies, internships, entrepreneurial support as well as career guidance and advice.
Through this crucial support system, MIT-WPU has placed several students at esteemed companies like:
- Tech Mahindra
- Deutsche Bank
- Axis Bank
- TATA ELXSI
Eligibility Criteria for Students for Design Degree (UG)
The eligibility criteria for students to apply for the B Des program at MITWPU are as follows:
1. The candidate should have passed 10+2 from Science, Commerce, Arts & Humanities
2. The student has to obtain a rank in UCEED 2021 entrance exam or has to clear the MIT-WPU Design Aptitude Test ((DAT) conducted through UG-PET) 2021
MIT World Peace University is currently accepting online applications for its B Des program.
Around The World