New Academic Session Begins At Delhi University
Delhi university’s 2019-20 academic session began on July 20, 2019, with colleges conducting their orientations and classes.
With over 60,000 students admitted so far, The Delhi University's 2019-20 academic session began on Saturday, July 20, 2019, with colleges holding orientation sessions and induction programmes to welcome students
- Hansraj College principal, Dr Rama Sharma, told students that it is their responsibility now to take forward the legacy of the college. The students were also introduced to the various college societies.
- Lakshmibai College has organised a week-long student induction programme (SIP-2019) to welcome the freshers and introduce them to the college. As part of the programme, the students were provided information about the college, their curriculum and various other aspects of college life.
- Zakir Husain Delhi College held an orientation session for the new students. Principal Dr Masroor Ahmed Beg appealed to the students to imbibe the values enshrined in the Constitution and become responsible citizens.
- Kirori Mal College also had its department wise orientation on July 19, 2019, and the first class was held on Saturday. Students were first introduced to their course subject and the first-class happened on July 20, 2019.
- The students were informed about college facilities, staff, administration, cultural societies, and rules and regulations. They were told that ragging is not allowed in the college. An anti-ragging squad is in place to check any act of ragging.
- Orientation sessions were also held in other colleges.
Delhi University Admission 2019
Over 5,700 students have taken admission in the Delhi University after the fourth cut-off list was announced, officials said. According to the DU, the total number of admissions till Monday stands at 58,558 after 1577 withdrawals. As per the official notification, Delhi University will release its fifth cut-off today. Candidates who are waiting for the cut-off list should visit the official website of DU i.e. du.ac.in to check the list and in which college they are lying under.
(Source: IndiaToday Education)
Around The World