President Ramnath Kovind Announces NIRF, ARIIA 2019 Rankings
NIRF, accepted and launched by the MHRD, outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country.
President Ramnath Kovind announced the NIRF 2019 and ARIIA 2019 rankings today.
MHRD NIRF Ranking 2019: The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has released the NIRF Ranking 2019 and ARIIA Awards. NIRF has been accepted and launched by the MHRD on 29th September 2015. NIRF outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country. Since its inception, NIRF has been awarding ranks to the universities in the country based on some certain parameters. The first NIRF Ranking was issued on 4th April 2016.
Parameters in NIRF Rankings
While awarding ranks to the institutes, NIRF takes some parameters into its consideration. These parameters are as follows:
- Teaching Learning & Resources: These parameters are related to the core activities of any place of learning.
- Research and Professional Practice: Excellence in teaching and learning is closely associated with the scholarship.
- Graduation Outcome: This parameter forms the ultimate test of the effectiveness of the core teaching/learning.
- Outreach & Inclusivity: The Ranking framework lays special emphasis on the representation of women.
- Perception: The ranking methodology gives significant importance to the perception of the institution.
Categories in NIRF Ranking 2019
NIRF rankings are given under 8 categories excluding overall ranking. The categories for NIRF rankings are:
Overall, Universities, Engineering, Medical, Management, Law, Architecture, Pharmacy and Colleges.
NIRF Ranking and ARIIA Awards 2019
In 2019, apart from NIRF ranking, there is Atal Ranking on Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA). Both these rankings have been issued by MHRD. ARIIA has been released for the first time. These rankings were issued by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind on 8th April at Vigyan Bhawan. Here is the complete list of the rankings given to the institutions.
- Indian Institute of Madras (IIT Madras) tops in the overall category.
- In Colleges category, Miranda House Delhi ranked No. 1.
- In the Law category, the National Law School of India University Bangalore topped.
- In Medical category, All India Institute Of Medical Science, New Delhi ranked number one.
- IIM Bangalore ranked number one in Management Category.
- IIT Kharagpur topped in the category of Architecture.
- IISc topped in University category.
- IIT Madras and IIT Delhi are placed as top Indian Engineering institutes.
- IIT-Chennai ranked first, IISc-Bangalore second and IIT-Delhi third in HRD ministry's national ranking of higher institute.
- Jamia Hamdard best pharmacy institute.
First ARIIA Awards 2019
- IIT Madras topped the Government funded Institutions Category.
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu, topped the Private Institutions Category.
Here is the list of -
Top 10 colleges in India
1. Miranda House, Delhi
2. Hindu College, Delhi
3. Presidency College, Chennai
4. St.Stephen's College, Delhi
5. Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
6. Loyola College, Chennai
7. Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
8. Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College, Rahara
9. Hansraj College, Delhi
10. St. Xavier College, Kolkata
Top 10 Universities
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
4. University of Hyderabad
5. Calcutta University, Kolkata
6. Jadavpur University, Kolkata
7. Anna University, Chennai
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore
9. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Top 10 Engineering Colleges
1. IIT Madras
2. IIT Delhi
3. IIT Bombay
4. IIT Kharagpur
5. IIT Kanpur
6. IIT Roorkee
7. IIT Guwahati
8. IIT Hyderabad
9. Anna University, Chennai
10. National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
Top Architecture Institutes in India
1. IIT Kharagpur
2. IIT Roorkee
3. National Institute of Technology, Calicut
Top Law Institutes in India
1. National Law School of India University, Bengaluru
2. National Law University, New Delhi
3. Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad
Top Medical Colleges in India
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, New Delhi.
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore
Around The World