SIIC IIT Kanpur Partners With iDEX To Mentor Entrepreneurs And MSMEs
The iDEX program was launched by Defence Innovation Organisation (DIO) as an effort to attain self-reliance in the field of defence and defence production
Startup Incubation & Innovation Centre (SIIC) IIT Kanpur has partnered with iDEX (Innovation for Defence Excellence) to scout and mentor entrepreneurs and MSMEs to create, deploy and commercialise technologies and products for the Indian military and defence PSUs. Under this partnership, SIIC IIT Kanpur will run programs such as accelerators, long-duration incubation, piloting, prototype investments, etc. jointly with iDEX. The iDEX program was launched by Defence Innovation Organisation (DIO) as an effort to attain self-reliance in the field of defence and defence production.
The core objectives of the iDEX scheme as listed by the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence are:
- Facilitate rapid development of new, indigenised, and innovative technologies for the Indian defence and aerospace sector, to meet needs for these sectors in shorter timelines
- Create a culture of engagement with innovative startups, to encourage co-creation for defence and aerospace
- Empower a culture of technology co-creation and co-innovation within the defence and aerospace sectors
- Boost innovation among the start-ups and encourage them to be a part of Indian defence and aerospace ecosystem.
- With these primary objectives of iDEX, SIIC IIT Kanpur and other incubators will help iDEX in working towards guiding startups and MSMEs in the product development segment of India’s defence sector and making India self-reliant.
Around The World