School of Business, UPES Introduces 4-Year Integrated BBA-MBA Programmes
MBA education allows one to attain mastery over domain knowledge, solve business challenges, prepare for future scenarios and in short, help companies prosper.
For business management enthusiasts and organizations aiming to grow their businesses, MBA is the most sought-after degree. And why not? MBA education allows one to attain mastery over domain knowledge, solve business challenges, prepare for future scenarios and in short, help companies prosper. As the demand for skilled, talented and knowledgeable MBA professionals continue to rise, the School of Business at UPES has introduced 4-year integrated BBA-MBA programmes. Students can choose an integrated program with a specialization in marketing management/ finance management/ human resource/ operations management with various minor electives such as artificial intelligence, digital marketing, digital transformation, start your start-up, business analytics, international business, family business and entrepreneurship etc.
A fast track 4 years intensive BBA- MBA program at the School of Business, UPES with innumerable benefits is a high return on investment especially for the students who are looking for a Management degree during the pandemic times.
Benefits of a 4-year Integrated BBA-MBA Program:
A lot of thought went into designing the Integrated BBA-MBA program at the School and care was taken not to dilute the content with the saving of a year. We had to pack the 5 year content in the 4-year module and make it even more rigorous and futuristic. We, at the School of Business, UPES are very particular that the students are provided with a customized learning pathway to accomplish their dream and realize their higher purpose. Hence the BBA-MBA 4 year integrated program at UPES has the following distinguished benefits:
- Higher number of Minors/ exploratory courses as choice from the other Schools of the University has been added during the program so that the student can identify his or her own pathway to become highly multidisciplinary
- A longer internship spanning from 3 to 6 months based on the industry requirement. This will help the students gain practical problem solving ability in addition to the active, experiential learning that is built into all the curriculum
- Specific subjects/modules included to prepare students for corporate world much in advance such as Corporate Etiquettes and Image Management apart from the ones already being offered by School for life at the University level.
- The students graduating from School of Business, UPES are differentiating by being Analytically inclined, Technologically enabled and Socially sensitive.
- Courses and Modules have been added in the digital and analytical area to the already existing ones to develop students' analytical and technical abilities with modules such as- Introduction to Programming, advanced and specialized Analytics
- To enhance and to sensitize students towards social settings to help them provide solutions to social issues and encourage innovation in this arena such as Rural Immersion (aligned to Mahatma Gandhi National Council for Rural Education) and much more
- Added to the above is the need to sensitize students towards climate and sustainability to encourage innovation in this arena. Courses such as Climate Change & Sustainable Environment are included in this program.
- Students will also get a chance to work on live projects and dissertations in more focused environment
- There is higher emphasize on Foreign Language to help students operate well in the globalized environment
- Metamorphosis of students from BBA to MBA courses starts from the third year itself so that they are able to cope up the post graduate content in the 4th year to complete with the capstone strategic projects in the final term along with the longer period of industry internship.
With this 4 years MBA program the student can also easily apply to lead schools and universities across the world to complete any additional super specialization degree.
While businesses struggled to grow during the pandemic it is worth noticing that the talent behind some of the successful business models amid the pandemic were business management or MBA professionals who were resilient to any grievous challenge. It is a highly dynamic field where aspirants are expected to be multi-skilled. Whether you work in finance, technology, management, marketing, or manufacturing, the integrated MBA degree will open opportunities for greater career advancement, responsibility and increased financial reward.
Our education framework is designed to prepare future leaders. Specific training interventions all along the program duration targeting cross-functional expertise are planned to enhance a students’ employability quotient. The value-added courses such as PEP (Personality Enhancement Program), which provide foundational level workshops pertaining to communication, team collaboration, critical thinking and general soft skills go a long way in enriching the students’ knowledge and preparedness for successful industry leadership roles. The Placement Selection Improvement Program (PSI) is designed to assess and enhance the employability skills of the final year students as per industry standards
Strong industry alignment of programs and continuous involvement of business leaders in various student-centric activities such as seminars, masterclasses, and industry projects were instrumental in achieving high and sustained student placement.
Studying in a multidisciplinary environment is another big advantage that provides an edge to the UPES School of Business students. After all, if we are to prepare the future workforce, they are expected to be diverse in every aspect with an entrepreneurial mindset and problem-solving skills to serve the needs of global businesses.
The author is the Dean, School of Business, UPES.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house
Around The World