Tips And Tricks For Cracking NEET 2021
Here are some important pointers to keep in mind that will help you while preparing for a medical entrance.
Being a doctor is one of the most prestigious professions and it goes without a say. Every year lakhs and lakhs of students buckle up to prepare for NEET, the entrance exam to get into the medical course in India. Now, since you have clicked the link, you might have an idea about the competition level in NEET and if not, just know that there was approximately 1 seat for 16 students overall. Even after hours of rigorous study and covering multiple books regarding different topics for months, one can never be sure or confident enough to say that they will crack NEET. So here are some important pointers to keep in mind that will help you while preparing for a medical entrance.
Be well versed about your syllabus
- Knowing about the syllabus of the exam you are preparing for is one of the keys to acing it.
- Start learning things practically. For example, physics is one such subject where you can apply it anywhere, be it calculating the speed of a bus or just simply standing inside it.
- Understand the content rather than parrot learning so in that way you will be able to remember the context for a longer time. It might take some time but it’s worth the effort.
- Keep the formulae and concepts clear in your head! Memorizing those formulae can be tricky and hard to start putting up chits of paper with the formulae written on it in places or corners you spend most of the time so that your photographic memory helps to memorize it.
Important books to refer to for NEET preparation
Here are some shortlisted books you can refer to for your NEET preparation.
- Fundamental of Physics by Pradeep
- Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Beat the NEET Biology Topic-wise MCQs by Altis Vortex (bestseller)
- Objective NCERT Biology gear up by Publication Altis Vortex (bestseller)
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Ncert “textbooks for 11 & 12”
- Concise inorganic chemistry by JD Lee
Look into online courses
In this age of growing technology and pandemic, online courses are a major backbone that guides students through their studies. NEET is no different and it’s rightly so. There are a lot of online courses which provide different packages but in Preponline you get free online classes and in the packages, you get weekly Doubt solving sessions, Mock tests and Books mentioned above. Also, they give free chemistry classes which are conducted by the best of faculties and not only that, they provide scholarships and conduct giveaways for deserving students. In PrepOnline, they try to bring out the best in you with minimal expenditures but not compromising in the content quality. And of course not to forget they have daily giveaways and scholarship schemes too!
Time management is the key to having an effective study session to ace any exam especially one like NEET. Some important points to keep in mind while preparing a timetable are:
- Cover the concepts and topics you find difficult first so that you don’t procrastinate and ignore them later.
- Follow your timetable thoroughly and self-assess yourself so that you can make a timetable best suited for you.
- Do not over or underestimate yourself which might lead to really long or too short study hours which will eventually not work in your favour.
Times are hard and being a medical aspirant doesn’t help the situation, but this is what the hard work or the “grind” is about. Just remember how you feel when you think about wearing that white coat someday. And if you feel demotivated or lack guidance regarding your medical preparation, PrepOnline is always there to provide you with the best of guidance, classes and support. All the best and stay strong!
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house
Around The World