HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support 2019
HDFC Bank, as a part of its corporate social responsibility, has announced scholarships under the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) programme to students facing crisis leading them to the verge of dropping out from their higher education.
The MHRD report namely, Educational Statistics at a Glance of the year 2016, says that annual drop out rate at primary level has come down to 4.34% from 5.62%. This difference of 1.28 per cent is the effort made by various government and public institutions to reduce the number of dropouts in two academic years. A lot has been done and a lot needs to be done. To contribute towards this effort HDFC Bank as a part of its corporate social responsibility has announced scholarships under the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) programme to students facing crisis leading them to the verge of dropping out from their higher education.
What is HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support 2019?
This scholarship covers students who are unable to bear the cost of education and are at risk of dropping out due to a personal or family crisis. The key objective of the scholarship is to provide assistance to these students, to tide over a difficult situation without adverse impact on their education.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The applicant must be a:
- Student in classes 6 to 12 at private, government or government-aided schools
- Pursuing undergraduate, post-graduate, or PhD courses (full-time or part-time) in colleges or universities recognized under AICTE/UGC/State/Central government rules
- Pursuing Diploma/ITI/Polytechnic courses after completing 10th or 12th Standard
- Must be facing a personal or family crisis that has occurred during the past three years, due to which they are unable to continue bearing the cost of education and are at risk of dropping out of school/college/university
What are the benefits under this scholarship scheme?
The scholarship will be disbursed in the form of a Demand Draft (DD) made in favour of the school, college or university. In no case shall funds be disbursed in cash or directly to the student.
- For school students: INR 10,000, or annual school fee (whichever is lower)
- For college/university students: INR 25,000, or annual fee (whichever is lower)
- For Diploma/ITI/Polytechnic courses after 10th or 12th Standard: INR 25,000, or annual fee (whichever is lower)
Which situation determines one’s crisis?
An applicant will be considered under the HDFC Bank Education Crisis Scholarship Support if he/she has suffered a personal or family crisis during the past 3 years under any one of the following categories:
- Death of earning member
- Job loss of earning member due to accident, critical illness, disability or other reasons.
- An orphan or deserted children
- Self-employment failures
- Medical procedures of the family member(s)
Where should I apply?
If one meets the desired eligibility pointers, click here.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house
Around The World