IIT Delhi To Conduct GATE 2020, Registration Begins In September
GATE 2020 will be conducted by IIT Delhi in the first two weeks of February 2020. Online application will begin September this year.
IIT Delhi, the organizing institute for GATE 2020, has released important dates, eligibility criteria and other details for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). GATE 2020 examination will be conducted on February 1, 2 and February 8, 9, 2020. The online application process for GATE 2020 will begin in September this year. GATE 2020 will be conducted for 25 subjects and will be a computer-based test (CBT).
GATE 2020 registration process through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) will begin on September 3, 2019. The application window will close on September 24, 2019. The extended last date for application is October 1, 2019.
The GATE 2020 admit cards will be released on January 3, 2020. After the exams are over, IIT Delhi will release the answer keys for GATE exam.
The result for GATE 2020 will be released on March 16, 2020. GATE score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of result.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee).
GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission to Master's programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture, and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory.
Apart from admission to higher education, GATE score is also used by many PSUs for recruitment of engineers.
GATE 2020: Eligibility criteria
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2020:
- Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor's degree holders in Architecture (Five years course)/ Naval Architecture (Four years course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor's degree holders of 4-year programe in science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Holders of 4-year Integrated Master's degree (Post B.Sc) in Engineering / Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programmes.
- Holders of 5-year Integrated Master's degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programmes.
- Holders of 5-year Integrated M. Sc or 5-year Integrated B. Sc/ M.Sc Dual Degree and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Candidate with qualification obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/ AICTE as equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2020: Fees
Following fees will be applied to candidates who are appearing from various categories:
Around The World