Woxsen University Aligns Its Activities To United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals
Woxsen University has adopted the UN’S SDGs and has started the implementation of various activities under Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability (ERS) on the academic and non-academic front
Woxsen University aligns its activities to United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals
With a strong focus on ERS, Woxsen University has set in motion, the SDG wheel to direct its core activities and innovations with an aim to create social impact in today’s systemic world. Woxsen’s strategy for adhering to UN SDGs is built on two constituent processes. The first is providing quality & practical education to its students and the second is student activities contributing to social causes.
The core activities of Woxsen University that align with the UN’S SDGs are as follows:
SDG 1: No Poverty
- Hyderabad’s division of ‘Street Cause’:- A nationwide entity that focuses on the social uplifting of rural India, is run by the students of Woxsen University. The students contribute to the cause through various fundraising campaigns, educating children from rural areas across Hyderabad, donations and more such activities.
- The Rotaract Club of Woxsen focuses on Net Zero Initiatives, clean energy and gender equity and ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the campus.
- Woxsen has recently launched the ‘Rural Entrepreneurship Project’ which aims at creating societal impact through meaningful engagement with the native communities surrounding Woxsen University.
SDG 3: Good Health & Well-being
- Mindficent Series:- Esteemed speakers on mental health are invited every month to interact and connect with the students and staff at Woxsen University.
- The human library at Woxsen University is an initiative which addresses people’s prejudice by initiating a dialogue between real human stories and the readers.
- Woxsen University provides an inclusive environment where students are free to express themselves and seek help. Also, stringent policies are levied pertaining to student security and safety.
- Candid:- Talk is an initiative to reach out to all students individually and have a one-to-one conversation about their life.
- Heart:-Unlocked is an initiative of the Community Service Volunteers that focuses on creating a circle of support and enhancing the mental health & well-being of the student community at Woxsen.
SDG 4: Quality education
- Woxsen University ensures its students quality education through case studies and conferences, research contributions through ‘Woxsen Business Review,’ which has a sub-section for Sustainability and the SDGs to create awareness among students about companies’ integration of sustainability and social responsibility practices.
- A collaboration with US-based Monmouth University initiated a six-month Social Impact Project, ‘Woxsen-Monmouth Elevate Program’ to uplift underprivileged students from government schools in Telangana.
- The institution’s Rotaract Club provides unique opportunities for students to develop Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Ethics and Leadership skills.
SDG 17: Partnership for the Goals
- With 92+ academic partners, 20+ corporate collaborations in CSR and numerous NGOs in the roster, the university has joined hands with some of the most able individuals and organizations to ensure the materialization of the SDGs.
- Additionally, the university releases Seed Grants to the most deserving research proposals for undertaking longitudinal projects in line with SDGs 1, 3, 7, 11 and 14. Woxsen’s research output in the year 2020 had 25 per cent of its publications with a social impact focus while in 2021 it increased to 27 per cent and 31 per cent in 2022.
Similarly, the university works closely with PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education) across various segments such as pedagogical innovations and cross-institutional ESG projects.
Around The World