IIT Gandhinagar Invites Applications For Interdisciplinary Programs In Cognitive Science & Society And Culture
The last date to apply is 20th January 2022. Entrance tests and interviews will be conducted online due to COVID-19
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is inviting applications for its Masters in Cognitive ScienceandSociety and Culture programs.
The M.Sc. (Cognitive Science) and M.A. (Society and Culture) programs highlight the necessity of interdisciplinary studies.
Cognitive Science is a fast-growing emerging field that works at the intersection of philosophy, psychology, computer science, neuroscience, and Artificial Intelligence while the Society and Culture program provides exposure to key disciplines within the Humanities and Social Sciences including, history, cultural studies, literature, translation studies, sociology, political science and anthropology
The key careers opportunities and research options available to students of these courses include:
M.Sc. in Cognitive Science
- Industry roles such as Educators, User Experience (UX), Linguistic analysts, Data analysts, Product developers/designers, AI engineers, Cognitive rehabilitation, Robotics, consumer behaviour etc.
- Academic roles such as Teaching or Research in, Human-Computer Interface, Neuroscience, Decision Making, etc. and International PhD in opportunities
- Founding a start-up
M.A in Society and Culture
- Working with non-profit (NGOs, policy think-tanks), industry roles such as Journalism, Advertising/media, Communications, Writing, Human resources
- Academic roles such as Teaching or Research in Ecological Sciences and Public Policy, among others
- International PhD in opportunities
In both programs, students will have unique research experiences like conducting field-work, conducting ethnographic research in the old city of Ahmedabad, visiting historical and archeological sites in Gujarat, conducting experiments in the state of the art cognitive science lab, traveling across the country through the IIT Gandhinagar Explorer Fellowships, taking advantage of the national and international academic and industrial internship opportunities and much more. Exposure to international faculty is another highlight of these programs.
The Master’s thesis that also allows them to work in their preferred field of specialisation while receiving hands-on supervision by faculty members will prepare the students for higher studies and future challenges in life.
Around The World